Last updated: August 30, 2016
GestaltCleveland.org is the responsibility of the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Inc. You can contact us by email, our online form, and by regular mail:
Gestalt Institute of Cleveland
1588 Hazel Road
Cleveland, OH 44106
Gathering Information: What personal information do we collect?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then it might inhibit you from taking advantage of the website’s features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as registration, communicating with you, and sending you e-newsletters.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We use “cookies” through which we obtain certain information when your Web browser accesses GestaltCleveland.org. You can change your web browser settings to turn off cookies, allow the computer to display a warning each time a cookie is being received, and clear all cookies. However, if you reject our cookies, it might inhibit you from using all of the website’s features.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from GestaltCleveland.org if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Using Information: How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
The Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Inc. will never sell or rent your personally identifiable information to other organizations.
The Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Inc. will share your personally identifiable information with other companies only when:
- We sometimes employ third parties to perform services for us, such as membership solicitation and fundraising, and we will disclose your information only to companies that are reputable and agree to hold this information in confidence and not use it for any purpose except to carry out the requested service(s).
- We are required by law to provide your information;
- We may sell or otherwise transfer such information to a successor of Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Inc. in connection with an asset sale, merger, consolidation, divestiture, stock sale or other corporate transaction, or by way of assignment (whether by operation of law or otherwise) in connection with any such or similar transaction or in connection with the administration of a bankruptcy estate.
Securing Information: How do we protect your information?
We store all personal information in secure databases protected via a variety of industry-standard access controls. Secure passwords, SSL encryption, disk-based encryption, firewalls, and other measures are in place to help us protect your data. The information is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
However, no company, including the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, can fully eliminate security risks associated with the transmission of personal information through online transactions, and you do so at your own risk.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
- We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Gestalt Institute of Cleveland
1588 Hazel Drive
Cleveland, OH 44106