Upcoming GEW dates
"This program opened up who I am and what I need to stay healthy mentally. This program helped me make changes that I haven't been able to change in 30 years in one weekend." - A GEW participant"Life Changing"
These 3 days were life changing for me ..
In addition to other powerful experiences from the weekend, this workshop helped me to:Provide a theoretical framework for a present-centered and empowering approach to working with clients/systems from a wide variety of backgroundsBring clarity and insight into the ways that I related with my clients, professional colleagues, friends, families and partnersGet me energized and passionate about life in an unexpected way with resources that I never knew I had--Heather Kamper
In this increasingly complex and sometime chaotic world, interpersonal relationships have never been more important—or more complicated! Relating effectively with others can advance your professional career and enrich your personal life. In this fast-paced, multitasking world, the ability to relate authentically is easily compromised. It is often easier to withdraw into isolation and lose sight of our need to contribute to the creation of stimulating and supportive relationships and communities. Relating well is based upon using our capacities to be self-aware, curious and open to another's experience and viewpoint, as well as having the skills to communicate effectively in order to influence with integrity.
We invite you to participate in a Gestalt Experience Workshop (GEW) and learn how a Gestalt approach can help you to build more productive and satisfying personal and professional relationships. This workshop focuses on increasing your self-awareness and supporting your learning through direct, present experience and respectful exchange with others. Our skilled faculty facilitators create a space in which to explore, observe, practice and discuss interpersonal interactions. In addition, core elements of Gestalt methods are explained to help you to integrate your learning.
This is a potentially transformative weekend that offers an opportunity to take some of the mystery out of creating and sustaining more satisfying professional and interpersonal relationships.
This workshop satisfies the Introductory Gestalt Workshop prerequisite for the Gestalt Training Program (GTP) and may contribute to acceptance in other GIC training programs.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Experience interactive processes, based on Gestalt theory that are rooted in the present moment;
- Experiment with elements of embodied presence, such as: using the breath, body posture and movement;
- Explore the ways your behavior affects others;
- Describe how interpersonal interactions with others affects you;
- Recognize the unintended consequences interpersonal interactions may have;
- Observe the process of dialogue from a Gestalt perspective;
- Practice using Gestalt methods to make meaningful contact with others;
- Summarize 3 basic Gestalt principles or methods that may be applied in your work; and
- Identify one or two new ideas or behaviors you will take away from this workshop.
Continuing Education (CE): 16.5 contact hours