Prerequisite: Completion of the Coach Certification Program
Our coaching work with clients becomes more powerful when we attend to our own embodiment and that of our clients. If you've attended the Gestalt Coaching Certification Program, or are a coach having taken Introduction to Physical Process, and want to take your coaching skills to a deeper level - this workshop is for you!
We operate with a core belief that our bodies carry our life experiences, in our musculature, our stance and posture. Over time, we take on a physical shape that moves beyond habit, and into a fixed structure - a Character Structure. In this very experiential workshop, you will be exposed to five Character Structures, including the shape/energy/movement of each Structure, typical re-occurring life-themes, and ways to tap into the strengths and work with the dilemmas of people having that Structure.
"The character of the individual as it is manifested in his typical pattern of behaviour is also portrayed on the somatic level by the form and movement of the body" ~A. Lowen
Relevance of this material to ICF core competencies and Gestalt Stance is reinforced as we incorporate presence, using self as an instrument, considering the person and their environment, experimenting, and attending to the emergent present.
CCE: 21 ICF Core Competency hours
21 GPCC™ CCEs
Early Bird: $735.00 (Before October 2, 2016)
Use promo code: coachphysical2016
Lunch break each day between 12:30pm-2:00pm
For three full days, participants will explore coaching through the lens of Character Structure, including:
- Noticing patterns for using one's own physical process while coaching;
- Learning about, trying on and experimenting with five Character Structures as a lens to perceive a client's embodied expression;
- Experimenting with expanding the client's awareness and choices for action through asking powerful questions, facilitating experiments, and co-creating embodied practices for ongoing learning;
- Understanding the ethical standards and contracting guidelines for coaching with physical process; and
- Relating coaching with physical process skills to International Coach Federation (ICF) core competencies #4 Coaching Presence, #5 Active Listening, #8 Creating Awareness, #9 Designing Actions.